What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sunday Events: Ona's Birthday, Tony's Haircut

I was upstairs enjoying a Sunday nap, when I was waking by a screaming Tony.  I thought for sure he must have bumped himself, but couldn't understand why no one was comforting him as he cried a good long time.  I finally went down to investigate.

By the time I went down he wasn't crying, but the trauma was Charity giving him a haircut.  His hair had gotten very long, close to the point of getting in his eyes and bothering him.  But int the end he was brave, and grinned and bore it.  He is happy with the result. 

Ona, our exchange student, has her birthday the day after she leaves us.  She is turning 16.  Charity was out this week, so we enlisted her to make a cake.  Charity comes every two weeks, so if we were going to have her make the cake, this was the week to have the birthday party.  Ona invited a few other exchange friends from school, and we sang "happy birthday" American style.  Although, as you see, Charity wrote in Spanish on the cake.  Ona's native language is Catalan, but she is actually bilingual, Catalan and Spanish.  They learn both languages growing up, and she is here learning English.


No comments:

Post a Comment