What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wow, What a Fourth

This weekend was hot in a couple of ways.  We were over a hundred most of the weekend, but also had a great time.  We started Friday with the welcome potluck for our exchange student.  However that night Caleb did a mini fireworks show with all the leftover fireworks he could find in the house. I think he wanted to make sure we knew we needed to get more. 


Saturday, we went to Stockton during the day, and I bought fireworks from the Manteca History Museum.  They need support.  Hopefully they will open on Saturdays.  After the heat of the day broke, we went to the pow wow.

Sunday, Caleb, Sheri and I barbecued chicken and tri-tip and had friends over.  It was also a way to share our exchange students.  Then we went out to a field to watch the Manteca fireworks.  I wish they hadn't been on Sunday.  I couldn't bring myself to pay money to attend Big League Dreams on the sabbath.  However we had a very good view, much better than past years; and a lot less crowd.  We could also see multiple personal fireworks displays going off all over town.  It was really incredible, and has us wondering if one of the personal display was the city display, until they actually started.  After the fireworks, Caleb, Joey Cazier and Anthony ( Charity's Anthony) lit the fireworks.  A small display.  We also did sparklers.

Monday morning was the parade.  It is a real rural parade, with dancers, beauty queens, including Miss California, tractors, a few horses, some commercializing, and finished with a soaking from the fire department.  It was fun.

We spent the evening at the Normans, and another barbecue.  This one had friends, missionaries, exchange students and relatives on both sides, meaning us and Gary and his family.  The pool was great, and the high light.  I just enjoyed the cool water as the temperature was over 100.  Tony was becoming more confident in his life jacket.  We had some pool basketball.  It was a good time.  Then we ended the night with Tracy fireworks.



It is crazy how many people do their own fireworks, because they were going off again Monday night; in Tracy and Manteca.  What a wild fourth.

No comments:

Post a Comment