What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Life in Manteca 18: Park Reviews

Tony, Ona (exchange student) and I visited three parks this week.  We went to the parks off of Airport Road, south of the 120.  There are three parks, two to the west and one east of the Airport Road. 
We visited the park off of Woodward first.  I didn’t see a name for it but it is a community park at the corner of ** Galleria Dr (off Woodward) and Ancestry Street.  This park presented a dilemma.  It had a play apparatus which looked a little scary, and was a bit too advanced for Tony.  When we first saw it Tony said, “That’s OK.”  But when he actually got on it, it was difficult for Tony.  It had an inverted slide that looked like an upside down banana.  He got up there with help, but then was too scared to slide down.  In retrospect, maybe I should have put him on backwards.  The thing I liked about this park was a series of balancing planks.  This was something to challenge myself, and give me some exercise while Tony was playing.  Again they were too far apart or Tony to go from one to another, but he did climb up on them all.  The park had a very soft spongy material underneath.  There was a second play structure, but this time it was too juvenile for Tony’s level.  The park had a half court basketball hoop.

The next park was **^ Bella Vista Park.  It is at Langum Way (off Atherton) and Hearth Drive.  This park had challenging structures, but more suited to Tony’s age.  Tony and Ona had a great time chasing each other around.  This park also had the most shade, but Tony noted that the shade sort of stopped around the playground structure.  There were some monkey type bars and a wobbly plank walk that Ona helped Tony negotiate.

The third park was on the east side of Airport Road.  This park **^at Sparrowhawk St (off Atherton) and Purple Sage Way, again challenged Tony, but wasn’t too difficult.  There was a climbing wall with a chain rope which was fun.  They had a swing and Ona pushed Tony.  This park had full court basketball.  It had bark covering, and Tony had to stop at one point to empty out his shoes.  This park had good shade, and they shade extended around the playground area.

No comments:

Post a Comment