What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Ona Farewell

Our exchange student has returned to Spain after being with us a month.  I enjoyed having her, and Tony did as well.  We would explore parks together.  We were treated to a farewell dinner where all the students made different dishes from Spain.  Much of it is similar to Spanish food.  I actually had torta de papa, which actually tasted like that from Argentina.  I have tried to make this dish, and it is never right.  The had breads with oil and tomato juice, Ona and Merce made paella.  It was a vegetarian dish.  Merce pronounced it "vegi tables," which was cute.

Ona actually left at 4 a.m. Monday.  I got up to say goodbye, but everyone else slept through it.  Sheri took her, and actually rode the bus to San Francisco with them.

Ona wanted to talk to the missionaries, and we had a nice conversation on Sunday.  I hope the missionaries in Barcelona find she and her family.  I really liked Ona.  Ona did cart wheels and rolled down the hill with Tony.  She liked to run; up the hill. 








No comments:

Post a Comment