What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Life in Manteca 15: Tony and I Continue our Parks Review



***Shasta Park is in central Manteca, Cotton and Alameda area.  It has a large grassy area and plenty of trees for shade.  More importantant it has a very nice web and climbing area.  Tony has been there a couple times now, first with his mother and then later with me.  When I went with Caleb we discovered its biggest lack, no restroom.  We had to cut our visit short, heading downtown to a place with a restroom. 



**^Pagola Park, I don't know if that is the right name, but that is the street it is on.  This park is our local community park as it is only a couple short blocks from our house.  It is the park Tony visits most frequently.  It is nice in the evening after the heat of the day has dissipated.  It has swings, a basket and the climbing, slide structure.  Tony was climbing up any number of ways.  He also met a friend with a ball and was tossing he ball.  Our local park also has a very large grassy area which is depressed as it is also a flood basin.  Thee is water on the area several times a year.  Caleb's friend came to try his skim board, and said he feel one time and the water was pretty stinky.




**Victory Park Stockton. This park is a well established grassy area.  It has a playground, which had something lacking as the slides were blocked off.  One of them had collapsed making a big hole in the slide.  There is a pond with water fountain and a few ducks.  There was a mother duck with four ducklings.  This trip we made with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment