What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Zion Choir, South Bay

For the past seven years, Wardles have been involved in Zion choir.  It started with Natalia and Mark, and is a tradition that has continued through all of my older children.  Zion is a choir with a religious focus, made up of high school juniors and seniors (although Caleb is a sophomore) from the South Bay area. 

This year Miranda and Caleb are participating.  Zion Choir sang for our ward party last night.  They presented about 30 minutes of Christmas music. 

The choir also includes a narration the youth write themselves.  Last night Miranda was one of the narrators.  She told about our Christmas tradition of acting out Jesus' birth every year. 


During the years the choir has sung many of the same songs that the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing.  I have been impressed many times with the Spirit they bring in terms of their narrations as well as the songs presented.  "Redeemer of Israel" seems to be a favorite.  There have been many songs over the years I have enjoyed, and many concerts.  Bernal Building, South San Jose and about 20 minutes from our house.  Fortuneately there are other members from our ward and area

They rehears every Sunday at the Bernal Building in South San Jose, which is about 20 minutes from our home.  Carpooling has been a life-saver.  It is good other members of our ward and area have been in the choir. 

No comments:

Post a Comment