What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

sacrament meetings today

I attended a couple sacramment meetings today.  I was witness to two musical performances today, in our ward a children's choir sang, and in the singles adult ward Charity and Anthony sang.
 
The talks in our ward were very good, and dealt with the gift of Jesus.  Sister Sepulveda defined "only begotten." Jesus is the only begotten son of Heavenly Father, meaning he is the only person born with Godly traits and abilities, paving the way for his sacrifice.

Brother Patton defined the words Atonement and Grace.  He talked of the definitions he found for atonement in the large Oxford dictionary.  He pointed it that it has several meanings, including unity as well as reconciliation.  Jesus' sacrifice reconciles us to God.

He also pointed out that it is through grace that we are saved, after we do all that we can do.  It is in fact not righteous to think that we can do everything ourselves.  Jesus atoned for all, for we all fall short of the mark, and all have need of his atonement.

Jeremy talked on making Christmas part of our lives everyday by sharing the message of Christ with others.  He told the story of a young woman they met at Mesa College, who was baptized just a couple days before Christmas.

That's what I heard in church today, between chasing babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment