What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Boise Trip 2016

Trip to Boise this past weekend to attend my sister's funeral.  I must admit, the weather was much better than a couple years ago when we went for my nephew's funeral.  We really didn't hit snow going.  I think we saw a couple flakes at one point, but that was it.  We made good time and were able to attend the dinner at Krista's, shared memories of my sister and honored Breanna and Devin who had birthdays.
Snow over the Sierras.  There was much more on the return trip, but not on the road.


We didn't do much for fun in Boise.  We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express.  We did eat at the hotel a couple times which served a good free breakfast.  I really enjoyed it as they had biscuits and white gravy and sausage.  Nothing more exciting to me, and I ate this two days in a row.
The ward relief society provided ham and funeral potatoes for dinner, with brownies and whipped topping to go on them for lunch after the funeral.
Sheri and I also went out for one meal; to
the Boise Fry Company.  I had read about this in a article about the best fries in each state, and wanted to try them.  We attempted to go to the restaurant by the capitol building, but there was no parking that I could see.  So we went to another store a few miles away in a shopping center.  They have about eight varieties of fries.  I tried the purple fries, and Sheri ate the golden fries.  Of course I tried both.  They were both great.  They had many fry topping; my favorite was the fry sauce.  Ketchup is OK.  I also tried the sweet mustard, which was too hot.  The fry sauce spicy was also too hot for my taste.  The purple fries were great.  The golden are unusual because they are a very light fry--they actually seem less dense than a regular fry.   As for burgers, I had the bison burger, and Sheri a BLT.  The sauce on the buffalo burger clashed in my mind.  It wanted to dominate rather compliment so it was difficulty to taste the meat and cheese.   Sheri and I also both had root beer floats.  Sheri didn't care for the root beer.  She thought it tasted more like Coke.  It was distinctive.  I enjoyed it however.  The atmosphere was nice.  The menu is a bit pricey.  A football game was on.  I saw the missed field goal as Minnesota's season ended.
Again the trip home was uneventful.  You could tell it had snowed between our trips.  We picked a good day for travel.  As we arrived in Nevada the roads were a bit icy, but it didn't last long and there was always a path with the surface of the road exposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment