What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

LDS 12-steps for Addiction Recovery: Step 6: Change of Heart - Aram’s Story about Drug Addiction Recovery




This portrays a man who turns to drugs to deal with the grief of the death of his parents, and the murder of his younger sister.  He goes through the steps; but feels something is still missing.  He then comes back to step 6:
Step 6 - Change of Heart: Become entirely ready to have God remove all your character weaknesses.
It is difficult to turn your weaknesses over to God.  
He finishes with what he says is an African proverb, "If there is no demon within, the demon outside can do us no harm."

No comments:

Post a Comment