What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Friday, July 31, 2015

Caleb's Weekly Report (only two left); Nauvoo Pageant


Family, 
Wow, another busy week full of miracles and fun. I can"t describe the way I am feeling. I'm so excited to be home and to see family again and start up home life again. But, I love the mission and the people are great and being a missionary is by far the best thing I have ever done. So it's a little interesting. I guess the typical conflicted feelings that you have when you gear up for the end. It's pretty interesting. But! I am definitely still living up the time I have left and we are working hard. 
We had a good exchange with the Elders in Keokuk today. It's like the most interesting place on Earth. And it's also the Geode capital of the World. We are going Geode hunting today. IT should be cool.
Anyways, the work is starting to pick up again here. We have found some new people to teach so hopefully we can get some people on date and prepped for baptism before I go. 
I have seriously just fallen in love with Nauvoo. The Pageant is amazing. We met a Brother and Sister who have received a 5 year call to be the supervisors of the stage crew. The crew is all volunteer young men over 16 who work 18 hours a day. During the show they move the stage. (like the stage literally moves and pieces rotate and they are under the stage moving the thing) and there is also a 60 foot prop of the Nauvoo temple which stands up and down. The temple has a counterweight of 2000 pounds that they men have to push in perfect coordination when they stand it up and down. The Brother who is in charge is recruiting people for next year. So he asked Elder Broadbent and I if we were interested in watching how the stage moved. So of course we agreed. And it's one of the most impressive things I have ever seen.He wants us to apply. We will see. 
I love the Lord and I love being a missionary. I miss you all and will see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment