What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Calaveras Big Trees: 2015

This year we again went camping at Calaveras Big Trees.  This year we went with the Halls.  Over the few days we were there, we went to White Pines Lake in Arnold, to the bottom to wade in the Stanislaus River, walked the North Grove, visited the visitor's center, spent an evening at the View Point so we could look at stars. and had great fun over all.  Sheri took everyone for ice cream to Arnold.
Camberly and finger bugs

Tony and discover tree

Wrapping a tree
The kids


one of the biggest


coming out of a hollow tree

Mother of the forest, her bark was stripped up to 120 feet, then shipped to England and put on display.  The lack of bark allowed her to burn, which ended her life

the boys

Drive through tree

Playground lake in Arnold


No comments:

Post a Comment