What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, July 20, 2015

2015 Pioneer Day Concert with Laura Osnes - Music for a Summer Evening



This year's Mormon Tabernacle Pioneer Day Concert has many things to enjoy.  The choir opens with three traditional pioneer songs, "The Handcart Song" with a very nice arrangement, "They the Builders of a Nation" and then "Come, Come Ye Saints."  It then turns into a night of music from different musicals featuring Laura Osnes who played Cinderella on Broadway in the musical of the same name.  One of my favorites is the organ rendition of "Give My Regards to Broadway."  It was truly delightful at about the 38 minute mark of the concert.  Osnes sings "Climb Every Mountain" and it sent tingles up my spine.  Very beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment