What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Caleb Is Stoked About Nauvoo Pageant

leadership meeting front row, second from right
zone conference, top row, second from left.
Just a brief note from Caleb about zone conference and the Nauvoo Pageant.
Family,
Nauvoo has stolen my heart. There is honestly no place like it in the world. We had Zone Conference on Friday in the Nauvoo Stake Center. we were lucky enough for he Nauvoo Pageant core cast to come and perform one of the historical Vignettes that they do. The vignette was focused on the calling and missions of the 12 apostles and the sacrifices that they went through to get there. It was amazing. They performed for us in the chapel. On there way in they shook the hands of the missionaries sitting in the aisles. Some how I ended up in the aisle. I had the privilege of shaking hands with Willford Woodruff, Brigham Young, and Parley P. Pratt. Although the actors were portraying these men it seemed as if I was shaking hands personally with the apostles themselves. I think I cried the entire 20 minutes that they were performing. I will never forget the feeling that I had when I watched. It was remarkable.
Elder Broadbent and I gave a training to about 90 missionaries at zone conference this week. We trained bout church attendance and how to get investigators there. It was really cool. The spirit was really strong. Although we didn't have too much time to train it's been amazing to see the direct correlation between the training that we gave and the number of people in the Nauvoo zone who attended church. Hopefully the missionaries in the other zones followed the counsel we gave as well and are benefiting from doing so.
I have a firm testimony of the Restoration of the Gospel. It has especially been confirmed this week as I had another opportunity to view the Nauvoo Pageant and to hear President Jensen speak about the Restoration and Joseph Smith. I love it. The gospel truly has been restored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment