What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Caleb Ushers Nauvoo Pageant

Caleb and Elder Broadbent at Youth Conference
 Pictures are borrowed from Facebook
Caleb and Elder Broadbent at Nauvoo Pageant
Some excerpts from Caleb's letter"
Family,
This week was pretty ridiculous. On Tuesday we went to Mission Leadership Council in Iowa CIty which lasts all day. On Wednesday we proselyted at the pageant. On Thursday we had a district meeting and then exchanges following. On Friday the other districts meeting and we had to weekly plan. On Saturday we spoke at a Youth Conference in Macomb and then headed over to the pageant to proselyte again. So we have done tons of traveling. But the miracles keep flowing.
     There were several cool experiences that happened this week. The first is Youth Conference. President Jensen asked us to speak with him at a Youth Conference in Macomb. It was so cool to sit next President and Sister Jensen on the stand. There was so much power it was unbelievable. We sang for an opening hymn "Called To Serve" and the spirit was ridiculously strong and present. It was amazing. President and Sister Jensen spoke, then Elder Broadbent spoke about the MTC. I had the opportunity to bat clean up and talk about the first few weeks in the mission field. It was fun. Then Elder Broadbent and I did a Q&A. Never done one of those before. It was really cool! 
     We had planned to drive from Macomb to the temple to do an endowment session, but the Conference took longer than we thought. So we stopped through Carthage and took a tour of the jail. Brother Joseph was a prophet. There is no doubt in my mind. We then drove through Hamilton and on our way up to Nauvoo, but the rain was relentless. The road that goes along the Mississippi flooded and a few cars tried to make through the massive puddles but ended up swamping the engines. Luckily we had our truck and made it through ok. We drove through it and then parked on the side of the road and pushed the cars out. The water was above our knees! It was so intense and we definitely got soaking wet! It's the closest I've gotten to swimming on my mission. It was fun. Luckily we had changed out of our suits after the conference so it was no biggy. I had even brought an extra pair of shoes and socks for some reason. So we drove to Nauvoo and changed. The rain still hadn't stopped though. We drove past the pageant grounds and things were swamped. They cancelled the country fair which happened prior to the Pageant. So we just wiped down chairs and set up them back up properly and then waited for the pageant to start. A stake President from Texas said the opening prayer (also, a member reported to us that prayers were being said in the temple to stop the rain so the pageant could still go on) and asked Father in Heaven to say a prayer. I watched as clouds split in half to go around Nauvoo. It was an absolute miracle. I honestly have never seen anything like it! The sky was so black all around, but it didn't rain. What a miracle/ god hears and answers our prayers. The Nauvoo Pageant has only been cancelled due to weather once. That is remarkable!
I have a testimony of the restored gospel. I love this work. I truly due. Time is flying by. And I can't stand it. Our mission President shared a story this week which made me think, He talked about when he was called as stake president and the president previous to him was super disappointed to be released. The member of the Seventy who was reorganizing the Stake Presidency asked the former President why he was said. The answer is obvious (he was eing released) and then the Seventy said "There is no reason to be sad! You just served for Ten Years! You should be happy." And that is the attitude that I have currently. I am excited to be finished. Not because I won't miss it. Cause I will. But because I just served the Lord with all of my heart might mind and strength for two years! Why would I not be glad? Besides, I am still a member of the restored gospel. I will still have the same responsibilites to find teach ad baptize, just in a different capacity.  am excited to serve the Lord forever. 

I truly love this work. Time is flying. But its time well spent.

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment