What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Minecraft Saga: Is it Good for Kids?

I came across a short article June 2015 issue the "Parenting on the Peninsula" periodical.  The idea of this article is that Minecraft is a good thing.  It seems almost everyone is playing these days; at least all of our younger people.  Tony is really into it, and has been for several years.  This article is written by someone who uses Minecraft in his school--one of the after-school schools called Tech Rocks.  They use Minecraft to teach creativity, problems solving, and technology.  The platform has two major platforms.  First is that of building your world.  Their are an unlimited number of lego like bricks available in the game, and people can build any kind of world they can imaging with them.    The other platform is similar to others games, staying alive in a hostile world.  This is where problem solving comes into play.  The final educational tool is to teach programming.  The Tech Rocks school use the platform to teach some basic platforming using Java according to the article.

Please click on the response function and give me your feedback and opinion to this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment