What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Women's Pull: 2015 Manteca Stake Handcart Trek



Video 2
Second day at handcart trek we had a calling of the Mormon Battalion.  The women went one way, and the men up a fire trail to the top of a hill; where the men lined an even steeper hill, and this was called the women’s pull. The women’s pull was incredible, as the women had to pull the carts up a 36% grade.  Many returned to help more and more carts.  They would have 9 women or more to a cart and away they would go.  Guys were prepared to jump in, but the women insisted it was a women’s pull.  However guys did jump in at the top when they were at their limit.  So the result is, Mormon women are pretty tough stock and you [to Caleb] could marry any of them that were there.  I walked up that women’s pull hill after they were done, and it was steep.  I had to stop several times to catch my breath and went very slow.  I could not have helped with that pull had I been asked.












No comments:

Post a Comment