What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Restaurant Reviews: My Thoughts on Chocolate Dipped Cones

I love chocolate dipped cones, and they are especially nice in the summer.  The only thing better than a chocolate dipped cone is a butterscotch dipped cone.
There is chocolate dipped cones at the McDonalds by work.  I have noticed that this is not their specialty, and the cones show the result.  I had one there that was really good, and a couple that were small, the chocolate didn't really set, and was thin.  It is lucky if you get the right person making the cone.
I tried out Foster Freeze.  It was very good.  There ice cream is particularly delicious.  One interesting note about Foster Freeze in Manteca is the calorie display is more prominent than the price.  I was worried for a second thinking a peanut butter ice cream cone was like eleven dollars.
As for Dairy Queen, there dipped cones are very good.  The very best is the butterscotch dipped cones available at the Dairy Queen on Winchester in Campbell.  The Dairy Queen in Manteca does not offer butterscotch other than on their Dilly Bars which are dipped elsewhere.  Sometimes Dairy offers a cherry dipped cone, but I have never ventured to try.
As near as I can tell, Sonic doesn't dip their cones.  I Purchased a Breyer's Ice Cream called "Crispy Chocolate."  It seems is have the same effect as a dipped cone but you can't hold it in your hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment