What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

If You Are Mormon, Why?

April McMurtrey has posed an interesting question.  A question that takes some thought.
The first reason that comes to mind, is the feelings of peace and recognition that comes to me when I hear inspired talks at church, or at conference.  When I hear the prophet speak, or for that matter any of the conference speakers, but especially the prophet, I have that feeling inside that says this is a prophet, or this is a man or woman of God, and what they are saying will help me be a better person. 
Along with this, comes the assurance that the story of the Church is a true story.  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is in fact a restoration of the ancient Church of Jesus Christ as established by Jesus Himself in Jerusalem and in the new world.  The gospel message of Faith, Repentance, Baptism, the Gift of the Holy Ghost, Endure to the End, and Eternal Life is God's Good News. 
I know this message is a true message, because I have prayed about it, and received the witness of the Holy Ghost that it is true.  God Lives, Jesus is the Christ, Joseph Smith is a prophet of God, we have a living prophet today.
The great thing about this message, is that others receive the same assurance.  Through prayer, study of the Book of Mormon, and earnest desire, millions have reached the same conclusion and testimony.  God speaks today.  He has a prophet on the Earth with twelve apostles.  His Gospel has been restored and rolls forth in glory.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Billy! Great reasons to be a Mormon!

    ReplyDelete