What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Religion: Is it Beneficial?

I saw a post on Facebook purporting the evils of religion.  It was saying people who are religious are more racist, more adulterous, more divorces, more murderous etc etc.  (I wish I could find it again so I could include the whole list, it was really long)  The bottom line was religion made you a worse person rather than a better person.  (I wanted to find it again so I could respond.  This is what I would have said.)
I know, from my psephology days, that you can manipulate data to say what you want.  You can manipulate the sample, the people you are sampling, and even the questions.  I don't know their process, nor do I know the pool, so in the end this data doesn't mean much.
What I do know I know is religion is personal.  I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I live it and love it. For me religion has made me a better person.  I am kinder, I find peace in the eternal nature of families.  I find peace in the feelings of the Spirit in my heart.  K
nowing that the family is eternal, and that the sealing powers have been restored, brings me love and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment