What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

ACE Train 37: Lightrail Derailment, Stadium Update, Shark Tank

There have been some happenings along the train route the past month.  The first involves derailment of the Light Rail.  This was Monday.  I didn't  know what happened, only that the trains were off schedule.  Actually, going to work, ours was on time.  Coming home the train was fourteen minutes late.  The derailment was on my line, but closer to the 49er stadium in Santa Clara.  They created a bus bridge, with the trains turning around at the derailment.  They did not cross until after 3:30 in the afternoon.  The actual derailment was at 7:30 in the morning.  Link to Mercury News article and pictures:
http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-news/ci_23663143/light-rail-train-derails-north-san-jose-lengthy?IADID=Search-www.mercurynews.com-www.mercurynews.com

The other happening is a bit more tragic.  This actually took place a month ago.  An elevator worker was killed at the 49er Stadium construction site.  A co-worker told me about this this week, so I  thought it was new, but it actually was the first of June.  He was working under the elevator, and the counter weight got him.  They actually closed the work site for a couple days to investigate and to grieve.  Mercury News again:
http://photos.mercurynews.com/2013/06/11/photos-levis-stadium-construction-shut-down-after-workers-death/

The article above reminded me that the 49er Stadium is Levi Stadium.  In similar fashion the Shark Tank has sold their name.  It is now the SAP Center.  SAP is a software company.

The 49er Stadium appears to be coming along well.  However there is over a year of work to go with the goal for completion August 2014, or for the season 2014.  It has been selected to be the site of Superbowl 50 in 2016.


The new Earthquakes stadium is coming along very slowly.  They are still working on ground preparation, and have some good piles of dirt and old crushed concrete.  But I don't see any actual building.


If Major League Baseball would ever get their heads out their butts there would be a third stadium built along my route home.  The new A's Stadium is scheduled to be next to Diridon Station in San Jose.  They just keep waiting for word from the commissioner.  They have been waiting for many years now.  Last word is the city of San Jose is suing Major League Baseball feeling they are abusing their monopoly status.

With regards to my trip to work, Kade and I noticed that the sun was up when we got to the train station on June 23.  However, it is already now coming up shortly after leaving the station.


No comments:

Post a Comment