What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Restaurant Review: * Long John Silver's

Long john Silver’s
I had a choice to make, knowing that I was going to have to eat out for lunch.  There was a Subway available, but also a KFC.  I prefer the taste at KFC, but knew I would have a greater caloric intake.  When I got to KFC I discovered it was combined with Long John Silver’s, and not knowing there food but being game for seafood I gave it a try.  I ordered a platter, which must have been intended for a couple people because I had lots of shrimp, one piece of chicken, to cod filets and a couple hush puppies.  Everything was cooked in a similar fashion, breaded and deep fried.  The filets were dripping in grease.  I thought, ”This is going to kill any chance of having a sensible diet today,” and I was right. 
I checked to caloric values later, and they really weren’t terrible.  However when I added the condiments, I was looking at a meal with over 1500 calories.  That is way over half of my daily goal.  As for the taste, I didn’t much care for the hush puppies, nor did I care for the dripping grease.  I guess they were going for the English fish and chips idea.  There fries were really pretty good.  The shrimp would have been very good, but they were too hot to enjoy.  After I ate the first shrimp, I had to let my food sit for a while, while it cooled off.  My final analysis, I don’t think I will eat this type of food again.  I would have been happier with KFC.  I did enjoy the chicken strip by dipping it in the KFC honey mustard.  That stuff tastes great, but it too has its caloric value. 

No comments:

Post a Comment