What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Life in Manteca 69: Restaurant Review: ****Athens Burgers

Athens Burgers makes a mean patty melt.  Patty melt is one of my favorite sandwiches, I love rye bread, especially when is is grilled in butter.  That is the case here.  You can't eat it without getting your fingers dirty.  They asked if I wanted onions and pickles, and I said yes; pickles are grilled right into the sandwich.  It was very good.  I dipped it in ketchup for extra flavor.  There fries are also very well done, not under fried as sometimes happens, but nice and crispy.
It is a bit pricey, but not too bad.  I ate for under eight dollars.  I drank water being cautious of sugar.  The fries don't come included in the meal.
I didn't venture into the Greek burgers, but may have to try.  They said they have ingredients molded into the burger.  I would also like to try their mushroom burger. 
The decor is somewhat old.  The atmosphere could have been nicer or redone, but I go to a restaurant to eat, not look around.  They had a big t.v. with the sound low so you could watch but not real
ly listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment