What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

My thoughts about Mother's Day Sacrament Meeting

I wanted to share a few thoughts about our sacrament meeting.  The most memorable part about our meeting was the music, I think that is the way it is on Mother's Day.  

For opening they sang my own mother's favorite hymn, Love at Home: 

Love at home


 

 
  1. There is beauty all around,
    When there’s love at home;
    There is joy in every sound,
    When there’s love at home;
    Peace and plenty here abide,
    Smiling sweet on every side,
    Time doth softly, sweetly glide,
    When there’s love at home. Refrain:
    • Love at home, love at home;
      Time doth softly, sweetly glide,
      When there’s love at home.
  2. In the cottage there is joy,
    When there’s love at home;
    Hate and envy ne’er annoy,
    When there’s love at home;
    Roses bloom beneath our feet,
    All the earth’s a garden sweet,
    Making life a bliss complete,
    When there’s love at home.
     
    3. Kindly heaven smiles above,
    When there’s love at home;
    All the world is filled with love,
    When there’s love at home;
    Sweeter sings the brooklet by,
    Brighter beams the azure sky;
    Oh, there’s One who smiles on high
    When there’s love at home.





    My mom always strove to have a home of peace, filled with love, where the azure sky could beam.
    .
The primary sang "Mother I love You"  I hadn't realized our primary was so small.  Tony, who is a Sunbeam, was too shy to get up with them.  

The closing hymn reminds me that our goal, is to live worthy of going to the temple, and then live a life where the temple blessings become effective.  I have two daughters married in the temple, and I count Billy Boy as a further success in this regard.  However there are still four children who have not married in the temple.
Families Can Be Together Forever:

I have a family here on earth.
They are so good to me.
I want to share my life with them
through all eternity.

Fam'lies can be together forever
Through Heav'nly Father's plan.
I always want to be with my own family,
And the Lord has shown me how I can.

While I am in my early years, I'll prepare most carefully,
So I can marry in God's temple for eternity.

Ruth M. Gardner (© 1980 LDS)

In talking about those children who have not yet made it to the temple, where they can partake of God's greatest blessings, I cam across this statement of comfort from Joseph Smith.  This was part of a priesthood lesson.  on a conference talk "The Temple is About Families" by Richard H. Winkel:


“The Prophet Joseph Smith declared—and he never taught more comforting doctrine—that the eternal sealings of faithful parents and the divine promises made to them for valiant service in the Cause of Truth, would save not only themselves, but likewise their posterity. Though some of the sheep may wander, the eye of the Shepherd is upon them, and sooner or later they will feel the tentacles of Divine Providence reaching out after them and drawing them back to the fold. Either in this life or the life to come, they will return. They will have to pay their debt to justice; they will suffer for their sins; and may tread a thorny path; but if it leads them at last, like the penitent Prodigal, to a loving and forgiving father’s heart and home, the painful experience will not have been in vain.” 

A couple of my sons seem to have forgotten about the temples.  I hope they remember.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment