What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

ACE Train #4:customer appreciation day



Tomorrow the ACE Train is giving free rides.  It is interesting that something tat happened 142 ears ago, in the desert in Utah, is effecting my train ride.  Not only will there be a free ride, but also snacks.  Even though National Train Day is a new holiday, started by Amtrak in 2008 to promote train travel, it commemorates the driving of the Golden Spike at Promontory Point, and the completion of the transcontinental railroad May 10 1869.   It now falls on the Saturday closest to that event.

Celebrations are taking place throughout the nation.  Gladys Knight is singing in New York.  At major train stations there are events planned.  Train models will be displayed.  Food courts and other events.

I am going to get up early, ride the train for free, eat snacks, and maybe get a tee shirt out of the event for my part in National rain Day. 

To see my blog and pictures from a trip to Promontory last year go to this blog
http://bwardlehistory.blogspot.com/2010/12/promontory.html

No comments:

Post a Comment