What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

ACE train #6: Harvest, Drawbridge

Just a few quick thoughts about the commute.  I have been watching the fields as the come up.  Already there has been alfalfa cut, and hay bailed and hauled.  I noticed a field with new corn poking through the ground today.  This excites me as I am very anxious for corn on the cob.  There are plenty of fields that I don't recognize the plants, and wish I did.  One is planted in rows with two different crops.  There is what I have thought is winter wheat, but it could be rice.  A field by the river was flooded over, and not near as green as some of the other similar fields. 

The river is very impressive.  It still appears to be swollen.  People talk about the snow pack, and I wonder if it will ever come down.  It at least to me, looks to be beyond its banks.

Everyday I drive by the lakes where the Manteca Water Slides once where.  It advertises lake-side properties, but most are still vacant.  I think the turn in the economy effected someone's dream of having lots of hoes around the little lakes.  There are some homes there however, about 25 percent filled in. 

Today, after getting off the train, and driving home, I noticed a green truck with the word Cannondale, run two stoplights in succession by our house.  I am glad there were no people in the cross walk, but wish they would respect our community a bit more than that.  I guess they were headed to Bass Pro Shop, but they should realize they were next to a residential area where there are small children. 

I am trying to collect pictures of Drawbridge, but the train is fast, and often there is a glare on the windows.  It is hard to get anything good.  However I am going to post what I have soon.  I wish there were a tour to the island, but I called the Don Edwards Wildlife Refuge and was told the best there is, is a van ride to opposite the river where you can see some of the structures.

1 comment:

  1. The Cannondale truck was part of the bicycle race Tour of California. I don't know if that is why he ran all the lights or not

    ReplyDelete