What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day: Helping Hands and Breakfast


Mormon Helping Hands in the morning.  We cleaned Woodward Park after the big celebration on Sunday.  We were all there but I only have pictures of Tony.  I tried to get Marin and Tony together, but Tony didn't want his picture with her and took off to the playground.  This is Tony's "orange" park that he really likes.  I had to leave early, which is why I don't have pictures of the other kids.  There was a large group there.  I know they ran out of trash bags for everyone.


We put Mark's picture on the table




The high-priest sponsored the memorial day breakfast.  We served pancakes, sausage and eggs, with milk orange juice or water.  There was a very large crowd.  Sister Chance presented on Memorial Day and the sacrifices made by fallen heroes.  It was very moving.  There was a flag ceremony.  Caleb carried the flag.  A group of women sang "The Star Spangled Banner."  Then there was conversation.  Tony had a great time "playing with his friends."  He climbed trees, ran around, climbed hills, and rolled lemons off the hill.  There was a tree with lemons falling on the ground, and more on the tree.  I tried my hand at juggling, and was good for maybe ten juggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment