What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Life in Manteca 7: three restaurant reviews, and our weekend

This is the start of Memorial Day weekend.  Sheri and I went our on Friday, but not before I had stopped at Round Table to get pizza for the kids.  **^Round Table is in the shopping center by Big League Dreams.  It is situated in a corner, and I actually went to the wrong door.  I must admit I snacked on the pizza and it was very good.  Our kids pretty much just like pepperoni. 

Sheri and I went to ****Chili's, which is pretty much Sheri's favorite restaurant in the world, but we had never been in Manteca before.  It is in the same shopping center as Round Table, but in an opposite corner.  Sheri likes Chili's for the chips and dip.  It is very good.  We had the two for $20 deal.  Sheri usually has beef fajitas, but this time went with the ribs.  She had the original.  I also had ribs, but with the bolder sauce.  They were very good, but very messy. 

Saturday we attended a funeral as a family, and after drove to Ripon, Sheri had never been there before.  We just drove through, and I showed Sheri the New Hope plaque.  We decided to try **Sonic, which they have in Ripon.  It was the old fashioned drive-in style--not a great choice in Sunday clothes.  We had difficulty getting the order right, as selections were different than we are used to.  Miranda never did get what she wanted.  I liked the idea of tater tots as a choice in addition to fries.   Sheri had onion rings.  Tony wanted a banana drink, and they had a banana shake.  My complaint with Sonic, is we spent more than we do at a regular fast food joint. 

We went to the temple in Oakland with Anthony and Charity.  We also visited the distribution center and bought books and stuff.  Sheri had french dip for dinner. 

Sunday at church Caleb sang and Miranda accompanied.  We are now headed to Woodward Park (Tony's orange park) where they are having memorial day concerts and festivities.  It is a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment