What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Life in Manteca 6: ****Woodward Park and **^In and Out Burger

Tony and I found a really cool park, which I think is probably the biggest park in Manteca.  It is only a mile from our house.  Caleb, Tony, I and Sparky (on a leash) went there to have fun and so Caleb could walk his dog.  Tony had a ton of fun.  He calls this the orange park now and is always wanting to go back for another turn.  We went twice on Saturday.  They have a very large play structure, and a smaller play structure.  Lots of opportunities for climbing.  Tony has been looking for some webs, and I think he decided the "hot dogs" are enough like a web.  (Calling them a hot dog was his word, and when I looked at them again he was right.)  The park is the major place for outdoor soccer.  There were three fields set up, and another large grassy area not in use.  It also had five basketball hoops, and one set up for full court play.  The back boards were a bit loss, but that could  have been the clunkers the players were throwing up.  Tony could get really high, and I think that is why he wanted the picture of him up high first.  There were lots of different ways to get up to the top, and most involved climbing which he really loves.  This park must be newer as the trees are not very well developed yet.  When they are, it will be very nice.  Woodward Park has been in the paper talking bout parking.  We had to go around again to find a place to park in the parking lot.  There were many on surface streets.  It would be nice to reconfigure the street for more parking.





A couple things happened while we were there.  When we got there there was a band of young people playing.  Later an older people band played.  I discovered it was a foster parent appreciation event.  The young people were foster kids (or had been.)  They were very talented, but their voices where very young.  GK music provided the sound.

The other funny thing is someone approached me and gave me a card for dog grooming.  Caleb and I were talking about how Sparky needed a hair cut. 

Caleb went to a dance rehearsal, big dance festival is June 11 in Stockton, and then a dance after.  I took him to In and Out where he met the Larsens who gave him a ride.   As for In and Out, I guess if you've been in one you've seen them all.  It is the most similar to the other  franchises of any store I have been in--same color, same food, same aprons with a big staple pin.  The only thing I wish about In and Out is a wish I new the lingo to make special orders.  I had a modified monster fries (the sauce in a package.)  It would have been better had the put it on for me, but i didn't know how to order.

There was a tristake dance after the rehearsal.  Caleb said he met someone from San Andreas, wherever that is.  I looked at the map and it is was over North of Angel's Camp.  Other than family stuff, that is pretty much our weekend.  Caleb met with the Bishop with regard to turning 16.  We had company over, and really had a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment