What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Idaho 2016

We traveled to Idaho to spend some time with Sheri's father and with Annie and Caleb.  Grandpa wasn't doing very well, and our second day there we took him to the hospital.  However we still had some fun.  We looked at many old family spots, including the home of Sheri's Grandparents in Iona as well as my grandparents on Lincoln Street.  I took the obligatory picture of the sugar factory.  I showed the kids the old Lincoln School, which no longer has slide fire escapes that were fun to play on.  We went to the Museum of Idaho in Idaho Falls.  We visited Rexburg and the BYUI gardens. We went to Mesa Falls.  We visited cemeteries.  It was really a good time, and we left grandpa in the hospital when we left but on the mend.
Pioneer Memorial for Captain Jefferson Hunt

Lava rock south of Idaho Falls



Iona Library statue


Trying to see the Tetons

Mesa Falls

Osprey feeding young on top of the tree log

Lincoln sugar factory, Grandpa Wright was boiler foreman

Lincoln home


Indian totem Idaho Falls

Museum of Idaho


BYUI gardens
Mesa Falls
Grandpa in the hospital
 
Grandma and Grandpa Scoresby
Iona home

Fort Hall


Twin Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment