What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Vacation Monday in Salt Lake, Conference Center Tour

Monday we drove to Salt Lake, starting at the home of Vern and Karen.  Karen was home, and we followed her to Terry and Ben's home.  It is brand new, the yard is not yet landscaped.  However it has a very large dance studio in the basement.  Terry was due to have her second son (fourth chid) in a few days.  Karen took us out to a Mexican fast food restaurant.  We then went to the Conference Center where vern is serving as a missionary, and he gave us a tour of the building.  Many of the fine art has been moved to the Conference Center, that is the originals.  This includes the famous Book of Mormon paintings as well as many others.  The tour was fantastic.  We saw pictures of all the apostles since the restoration of the church, and all the prophets, a lot of art work, and the room where conference is held, without any pillars.  They were setting up for the Pioneer-Day Celebration.  Vern did a very good job.  Darn me again, I neglected to get pictures of people.  Vern took pictures of us however.



Depiction of Ute Indians


Chief Washakie (Shoshone)

Tree of Life

Tree of Life

glass fountain

From the Balcony


From the roof


A picture of Saints throughout the world that puts you in the picture.








Tabernacle Door

No comments:

Post a Comment