What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Simon and Maddie

Maddie is my daughter-in-law's sister (Caleb's sister-in-law) and Simon is Caleb's good friend from his high school garage band Hot Spud.  They were married Saturday in the Oakland temple.  We attended the wedding dinner and ring ceremony.  Annie sang a song as the wedding party entered.  Caleb and Annie sat with us during dinner, as did Paul and Jamyn, Annie's parents.  Paul told a story of how difficult it was for them to leave Maddie at BYUI a few years back.  It was also difficult for Maddie, and she was crying as they left.  They were concerned for Maddie, and called Simon to check on her.  Simon was able to report an hour or so later that Maddie was going to be OK.  It was very moving.  We had a good time.  The dinner was at the same gold course where Caleb and Annie had their wedding dinner.
Annie is singing in this picture





Couldn't decide if this is a heron or a crane

No comments:

Post a Comment