What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

The Triangle of the Gospel

I have hear this teaching a couple times in the past few months.  First was Simon McHenry in his homecoming talk, and then the youth speaker this week, Jeff Winn.  It is that in order to stay close to the church and keep your testimony strong three things are needed, prayer, scripture study and attending your church meetings.  It is really pretty simple.
Many years ago, Bishop Betts from Ballard taught the five-star points of the gospel, personal prayer, family prayer, personal scriptures, family scriptures, daily journal writing, and then a sixth for the center, weekly family home evening.  Bother pretty simple lessons, and basically suggesting the same thing.  How important it is to say our prayers regularly and read scriptures daily.  When I have struggled in my life, I am usually lacking one of these things.  I prayer regularly, but not a kneel -down kind of prayer which is often needed.  Scripture study is as needed for a lesson, or in relation to the current Ensign.

No comments:

Post a Comment