What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Trip Home from Idaho: Fort Hall and Twin Falls

Pow Wow Grounds

We started a ride home early, and included an early visit to Grandpa to say goodbye.  He has been in the hospital.  We took a side trip to Fort Hall, where we priced beaded moccasins ($150-$700) and some art work, which was similarly priced; so we didn't get anything.  However I took some pictures inside the Hotel, and one at the trading post.
 
Below are a couple pictures of the temple.  I tried to drive so we could see the river from the north side.  A big mistake because the roads were not made for a van.  After gong a block, it was time to back out.  Sheri and Tony got out to guide my driving, but going backwards was difficult all the same.  Sheri and tony claim we almost tipped the van, but I wasn't that worried.  However Tony does say one wheel was off the ground.
Twin Falls Temple

Finally a couple pictures from the bridge which didn't turn out very well.  We were on the wrong side to catch a view of the river.  Sheri drove most of the way home.  I kept nodding off and didn't trust myself so gave the wheel to Sheri who drives faster anyway.  We were to Annie's house by 8:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment