What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

The Pokemon Go Bug

When I first heard of the Pokemon Go game and people being involved with it, I was sure I would pass.  However, I came home from work, and Tony invited me to go for a walk.  I of course agreed, I really need exercise.  I didn't know that the motivation was to walk through the park and play Pokemon.  Both Miranda and Tony had their phones, and we took Sparky, our dog as well.  I enjoyed walking, and a couple days later I had joined them.  I was playing on our trip to Utah and Idaho.  We went to Murray park with Mark and family to chase Pokemon after our dinner.  We also chased Pokemon at the BYUI gardens.
I play Pokemon on the way to work.  I know all of the Poke Stops I can get from the train.  It is impossible to get to a gym from the train.  I walk more from the light rail to work because I need to walk to hatch my eggs.  I have walked over 100 kilometers since beginning the game about a month ago.  My blood sugar is down, and my weight is down a little as well.  There are benefits.
I have been participating in gym battles.  They can be pretty intense.  I am having fun.  I hope to stay in balance however.  That is always important.  I invite people to walk with me almost every night, but they are not quite as excited as I am, or do not have the same opportunity.

Pokemon play at Murray Park with Mark and family



No comments:

Post a Comment