What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, August 24, 2015

Picking up Caleb at the Mission Home in Des Moines August 13.

We arrived just at 9 p.m. as Caleb had told us.  We were invited into the family room as the missionaries were still meeting; I think having a testimony meeting.  We first met Sister Jensen, and then also President Jensen.  They had a short film of photographs put to music which showed the experiences of the group of missionaries going home (about 12).  There was one other family picking up their missionary.  One of the adult missionaries prepared Caleb a batch of cookies.  They also had cake and brownies and ice cream after the short film.










We were then on our way to the hotel room where we were staying for the night.  No doubt we stayed up late and talked considerably.
Pictures inside the mission home

No comments:

Post a Comment