What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, August 10, 2015

Caleb: Testimony and Email 104 (last mission email)

Family,
That word up there has to be one of my favorites. Family is incredible. That's one of the things that I have gathered the most out of this experience. The moment you look outside of yourself and truly serve your family grows exponentially. In fact, we are all family. It's when we give in to the self centered notions and foolish ideas in our head that the world was created for "me" that we miss out on the abundance of family that is all around. And the blessings of seeing God's children as a Brother or a Sister are absolutely rich. Anger ceases. Satans plans are thwarted. And the work of salvation is truly hastened. We have to talk to everyone. Because everyone is family! I, at least, would like my family to know that I love them.

Preach My Gospel states that "You are surrounded by people. You pass them on the street, visit them in their homes, and travel among them. All of them are children of God, your brothers and sisters. God loves them just as he loves you."

I know that is true. Time and time again I will meet someone who I can swear I have met before. Or time and time again I will be in the right place at the right time and think "I know once again that someone else is planning all of this." Those types of experiences have been so immense on my mission it's unbelievable. Almost daily things like that occur. Why? Because we have a Father who loves all of His children equally. There isn't anyone that he doesn't love. It has taken me a while to develop even a fraction of that kind of Charity, but the pursuit of it has changed my life forever. Gone are the days of the mediocrity. I'm changed. Gone are the days of anger and fear. I'm changed because "...I know in whom I have trusted" (2 Nephi 4: 19) And that trust is in God. And his Son Jesus Christ. I know that these things are true. I know them for myself. I know that I can always call on the Savior to support me in my trials. 

Family, I know that the gospel has been restored. I know it. And I am appreciate all that you have given toward my mission . I couldn't ask for anything better. This has changed me. 

I love you all and I am excited to see you again.

With love for the last time,
Elder Caleb James Wardle

No comments:

Post a Comment