What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Manteca Stake Handcart Trip: Reenacting

In July, I was able to participate in the Manteca Stake Handcart trek as a re-enactor.  We presented several different scenes.  I also was able to tell handcart stories.  It was fun.  The first day I portrayed the mean uncle, who didn't want to let his nephew go with the Mormons, and disbanded him from the family in the end.
myself with beard 
 Then the Banks portrayed the couple in which the wife left her shoes behind.
Sister Poole
The second day we portrayed a brother passing away.  Bishop Eklund played and I sang "Come, Come Ye Saints."  It was effective.
As the carts came into a clearing the last day, Sister Poole was playing "Come, Come Ye Saints" on her flute.  This too was very effective.  She then portrayed her relative, while we talked of the rescue. Elder Martin told the Saints to prepare for the worse and Sister Jackson told of her vision of her husband telling her they were to be rescued.  Then our two horse riders came over the ridge and into camp and told everyone that more provisions were just a ways further.
The rescue
Re-enacting was fun, and it was a good time.
looking for the rescue riders

No comments:

Post a Comment