What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Caleb Report: Truth Will Prevail; Pageant Strike, One Week

I honestly have never felt this way before. It literally feels like there is a black cloud of despair looming above my head that everyone can see but me. Somehow everyone knows to ask the question "how long have you been out?" and then I'm forced to reply as I get a little queezy... "I have a week and a half left" Man, its rough. But, I have been praying for the enabling power of the atonement and I can definitely feel Gods presence. The Lord is good thats for sure. 

We had some cool events take place this week. Pageant ended and we were able to watch it 3 times this week. The last night, Saturday, we were asked to help with Strike. It was really fun actually. During the pageant we took down the country fair which takes place nearby. That went quickly. But we were sweating the whole time and then for about an hour and a half afterward we helped stack 3,000 chairs into trailers. wow... that was exhausting. Once we completed that we helped take down lights and get the lights into trailers. It involved some pretty intense repelling and rope systems. It was pretty crazy. WE left the pageant grounds and didn't get home until 1. Then, up again at 6:30. Plus, we had gotten home at 12 the night previous so we were beat. 6 or so hours of sleep each night. Plus super hard labor involved. It was awful. But the Lord blesses us and we get through.

One of the main themes of the British pageant is that "Truth Will Prevail." All of the miracles that took place in the British Isles are amazing. Thousands of people joining the church. Truth does prevail. I have seen that on my mission. A lot of people have the mentality that it doesn't matter what you believe, as long as it is right for you. But that mentality is completely natural and contrary to God. Truth is truth. Regardless of opinion. So no matter what I believe may or may not be right doesn't matter in Gods eyes when there are certain immortal truths at stake. Those are unalterable. So, it's important to find what God wants. The way to do that is to read the Book of Mormon, and then ask God if it's true. The Spirit you feel will change your life forever. And the answer you receive will help you learn who God truly is. The spirit is the master teacher. So I want to become a Master Seeker of that Spirit. When you lose the spirit you are lost. So find yourself. Read the Book of Mormon and let God's truth Prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment