What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, August 31, 2015

How to get Killed Driving the Altamont Pass

The drive to work, which I do on occasion, has become much more scary.  I have also learned a lesson, “mind yourself.”  In one of those moments, I flipped off another driver.  I was changing lanes in front of him, and he pulled up and blocked me off, and honked.  I tried to ask for him to let me in, but he had no intention, so I turned the asking into flipping him off.  He pulled back, and then I pulled in front of him.  He was not happy, pulled around to the side of me, and then pulled in front of me, slamming on his breaks as if we wanted me to crash into him.  I saw his driver side door begin to open..  It was all I could do to not hit him.  He must have been disappointed, because his door only opened an inch or so, and then closed again.  I am sure he expected I would crash into him.  I was able to get around him on the left, but I left lots of space between me and the next car so I could hurry past him.  Even so, When I went past I drove on the shoulder; I wasn’t sure if he would try the same trick again.  I did get in front of him, and then changed lanes so he couldn't track me.  I think I left him way behind, but lost track of him never-the-less.  Some drivers should take the train, which is what I do mostly unless I am working overtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment