What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, August 10, 2015

BYUTV In Performance: Take the Mountain Down

This is a retelling blue grass musical retelling of the Prodigal Son.  It is subtitled :"A Finger-pickin' Parable of the Prodigal Son."  The bluegrass music is very catching, and presents a great way to retell this story.  Janice Kapp Perry and Marvin Pane wrote the lyrics, music and book.  Marvin Pane also was one of the performers.
This production is more than just a musical.  It is a musical performance as well, and requires musicians.  They play violin, bass, banjo, ukulele, harmonica, wash board and guitar.  They make a very good sound.
http://www.byutv.org/watch/2b12784b-6de4-47fe-bdd2-bea049140a90/in-performance-take-the-mountain-down
I find that links to BYUTV as good for a limited time.  This link will lead to In Performance if not to this particular performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment