What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Trip to Pick Up Caleb Day 2: Across Utah, and Wyoming, and Nebraska

We made an early start, and were in Evanston for breakfast, milk and Chocodiles, and then across the state with only gas and rest area stops.  We followed the pioneer trail, and when we got further on I tried to get a good picture of the Platte River from the window, but it was elusive, darting behind trees or going away from the freeway.  However, I finally got it when we stopped for lunch at Grand Island.  We finally crossed the Missouri into Iowa, and then headed for Sheri's brother's house, Terry.  We were able to set up camp in the basement.   We discovered, 410 miles across Nevada, 400 across Wyoming and 450 across Nebraska.
Pioneer Monument



Wyoming Sky



Location of old fort along Platte River

In the car



Road Ranches


In Nebraska

Car again


Military Vehicle Museum



Fort Kearney Replica


Platte River


froggy

Platte


Missouri River

No comments:

Post a Comment