What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Movie Review: Max Lucado 3:16

Movie Review: Max Lucado 3:16
This is basically a preacher’s recounting of the scripture from John, over and over with different stories.  I am not sure if I agree with his philosophy.  He basically says it doesn’t matter who we are, if we believe in Christ, we then receive Eternal life.  The King James version: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”  However the version he uses says: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”  There is a difference.  I don’t want to down play the grace of God.  Without the atonement of Christ there is no immortality nor eternal life.  That we will all resurrect is a gift from God to everyone.  That we can also receive eternal life is also a gift from God, after all we can do.  I guess I also believe the Bible when James says, faith without works is dead.  We do need to life our lives in accordance with our belief.
Another subtle difference between Mormon thought and what others might think is the difference between eternal life and immortality.  Eternal life is in God’s presence, enjoying the association with our family.  However immortal life does not necessarily include these blessings. 
I think we cannot underestimate the role of Christ in our lives.  However, his life was one of example as well.  We should live and follow his example as much as we can.  IN this way we will be comfortable lifing with God the Father and His son Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment