What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Ace Train 54: Impossible to Get Comfortable

I have long had difficulty getting comfortable on the train.  But I found one seat, and sitting one particular way, I can get comfortable.  However, tonight the announced generally "'the Management' has decided that sitting across two seats is against the rule, or leaning against the windows."  There goes out the window my way of sitting.  There are four double seats in each care which are smaller than the rest.  I sit there, and if the car is not crowded lean against the half wall enclosure and can get comfortable.  In other words, no more of doing that.  The other rule the have is no feet on the chairs.  That makes sense, as seats will last longer.  I tried stretching out, by putting my back pack on the seat and then my feet on the my own back pack.  However, a conductor said this too was against the rules.  I have concluded that any seating style, which might be comfortable is against the rules.
The train does get crowded, but it is not crowded the entire trip.  However to relax and put your feet up, or across two seats, these too are against the rules.
I think it is time I look into car pooling as a better option.
Try to get comfortable there

The last seat, which is even smaller

No comments:

Post a Comment