What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Life in Manteca 114: Columbus Day Weekend

Columbus Day was a bit of a lazy day.  I pulled a few weeds.  I took Jeremy, Kayla and Skylar to see "Meet the Mormons."  I still recommend it to anyone who wants to see a positive movie.  Went to Tracy and helped shovel a bit  with Jeremy and his father-in-law.  I must admit I didn't do much.  I took a drive first up Corral Hollow Canyon and then Patterson Pass, following the route of the 49ers many years ago.  I was looking for the old zinc house plaque, but couldn't see it.  I had read on the internet that it had been destroyed, but thought maybe I could find where it was.  Patterson Pass road is not very safe for two-way driving, and I was going up at the wrong time. 
I tried to new fish and chips in Manteca.  No need to give the address, because it was not good.  The waitress tried hard, but her attention was split with watching her three children.  But the worse part was the fish.  It actually did not have any taste.  The only taste was the tarter sauce or the lemon,  The fish had no taste, and the dough crust was either gooey or crunchy.  This place was even expensive.  When I saw the prices I wanted to bolt, but thought I would stay and try the deep fried Twinkie.  I had never tried one of those.  It wasn't worth it.  Again the Twinkie sort of melted in the deep fryer, and parts were crunchy and parts were gooey.  The whipped topping that came with it was OK.  Their chips were tolerable, and their clam  chowder must of sat too long.  It had plenty of potatoes but was short on clams. 


The construction continues to progress at the Lathrop-99 interchange.  Here is the new clover leaf on ramp from Lathrop going West to 99 going South. 

No comments:

Post a Comment