What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Mormon Movie Review: ****Star Child

 Star Child is a recording of a dramatic performance (1999). It  is the sequel to Saturday's Warrior.  Doug Stewart wrote the book and lyrics.  Gaye Beeson wrote the music.  There are things to not like with this movie, but also things to cherish.  As I watched several times I was moved to tears.  At times the lyrics are very moving.  (lyrics from my memory as I could not find them on internet.)

I promise, I promise, I promise to bring,
On the day that we marry, hands that are clean
That angels may help us achieve every dream
Of endless forever, with you are my queen.
I promise I promise, of this I am sure
I promise to bring you a heart that is pure
That angels may help us achieve every dream
Of endless forever with you as my king.

Oh if there's a person, who can give my life meaning
Then please reach out, take my hand

Follow the light that's in you
Don't be afraid it will guide you
Follow and you'll know
The safest way to go,
If you follow, follow the light.

For the most part it is well presented.  Elder Green however was painful to listen to.  He was off key too often.

I must admit, looking at the college dating scene was not fun, and caused me to have nightmares.  It was a hard time for me.  I don't think people are so focused on finding a mate, even if they are at BYU.  It was a shallow cliche for everyone's character.

This movie does not end all happy like Saturday's Warrior.  Chuck and Marie don't marry, as they promised each other in the preexistence.  But Chuck does find Larry, and he is converted to the gospel.

I saw a stage production in college.  My date didn't like the ending.  I was OK with it.  It is more important to remember we are Heavenly Father's children, than whose child we are on Earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment