What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter 2013: A Few Pictures

I did not do a very good job of documenting our Easter weekend with pictures.  We started Saturday with going to help my daughter move.  They found a place, larger and cheaper a couple blocks away.  We all went to help, along with a few people from their ward in Turlock.  Charity and Anthony had barbeque after the moving, and they did an Easter egg hunt hunt for Tony.  They have a pretty large yard behind their four-plex.  Tony then hid everything and Miranda and Charity were the finders.

Tony brought the plastic eggs and did a couple Easter egg hunts in the back yard for the neighbors.  They then hid the eggs for him and they had a good time. 

Caleb and I finished our home teaching, and went Easter shopping.  I was tired and lazy and we didn't get Easter baskets out until Sunday morning. 

Sheri and Toni tried something new: tie/dye eggs.  I had to sacrifice some ties.



I sang with the choir for Easter.  We had rehearsal before church.  Chris Papworth is the choir director, Ruth Christensen played and Caleb is the president.  We sang one of my favorites from Handel's Messiah, "Surely."


4. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows. . . . 5. . . He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him,


This was the prelude, but in many respects the high light of my day. 




Mark and Dianna and family, including Nicole, came over for Easter Dinner.  Charity and Anthony came as well.  Sheri prepared ham dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment