What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Music Review: ****^Spirit: Alex Boye (to MMBOE)

Alex Boye's songs in this album are a please to God, to help find his place, his status with God.  He lends his distinctive tone to these songs, and in doing so inspires us to seek God.  He  teaches repentance; starting over.

My favorite is "A Prayer Away."
When will you listen?
When will you hear?
A still small voice can be loud and so clear.
Just when you thought, you had it all
You find you have nothing
Then you stumble and fall.

So reach for the sunlight
Stop chasing the storms all over town
You can't keep on running
You got to start living, yeah

Nobody deserves to be lonely
God's love will give hope to each wondering soul
Whenever you feel you're the only hope in this world
is only a prayer away

There's time to let go
And time to move on
To even be moved by the words to this song
Come back to the alter
Back to yourself
Trade silver for gold
Leave your past on the shelf

Fall into forgiveness
Your life can never be the same
I'll help you through this
Just lift up your hands
And say His name

What good is a crown!
If you don't wear it
You're standing for nothing
You keep falling down, oh no
Hope in this world
Is only a prayer away

That last statement is true, hope in this world is only a prayer away.  The other messages in this song are also true.  It is possible to stop falling down, we can pick ourselves up, and see repentance, and make a change in our lives.   God's hand is always extended towards us.  It is our need to humble ourselves, and call to him for his loving forgiveness.

Other of his songs also are a plea for God's guidance. 

"Word of God Speak"
[Chorus]
Word of God speak
Won't You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see Your majesty
To be still and know that You're in this place
Please let me stay and rest in Your holiness
Word of God speak


"Great Light of the World"
Oh great light of the world
Fill up my soul
I'm half a man here
So come make me whole
Oh great light of the world
Come to impart
The light of your grace
Fill up my heart

Boye concludes this album with a song common to Christians, "How Great Thou Art."  He makes this song unique, as he adds an African Chant which he does so well.  This song is much more moving than anything from "Lion King" where the same strategy was employed.

No comments:

Post a Comment