What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

I saw Hue, a Walking Miracle, at Work Today; Post Kidney Transplant

I Saw Hue Danse at work today. He is much taller than I remember him, or maybe I am getting shorter.  Hue retired about five years ago.  He worked  at Gateway, a sister program to the Callcenter.  After retiring he moved to Florida, where he hoped to live the good retired life.    His pension allowed him a comfortable lifestyle in Florida.  He just had to live with alligators and humid heat and mosquitoes in the summer.  His plan was a good one, but liver cancer got in his way.  He said he was down to about 18 percent of his liver when he had transplant surgery.  He said he was on the wait list for about five months.  If he was on a wait list in California it would have been about five years.  He had the surgery at Mayo Clinic in Florida.  He is now pulling through OK.  He said he was down to 137 pounds.  He has to spend eight months here locally going through after transplant treatment.  The treatment effects his white and red blood cells, so he has a transfusion daily.  Through it all he is recovering, and looking healthy again. Hue said that through it all he has become a person of prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment