What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Life in Manteca 66: Bird in the House; 19-Year-Old Sister Missionaries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz8LdxWGsEQ

Tony wanted to play out front yesterday, and I wanted to hear him so said leave the door open.  He did and a bird invited itself in, and then flew high to the upper windows where we could not get it out.  We could get it to fly with noises, or the broom up close, but it wouldn't  come down to the door.  Miranda read on the internet to close all the windows but one, but it wouldn't come down to the windows that open.  The second option was to throw a towel over it.  We could not  get up to it to to do this.  We decided to wait it out.  As it got dark we took the screen out of lower window and opened it, we also left the door open.  We turned on the porch light, so the open window and the door where lit, while the upper windows were now getting dark.  We then left it alone.  With twenty minutes, Tony announced that the bird had left, and it had.
While the bird was in the living room, we had the missionaries share a message outside.  They are both 19-year-old sisters.  Sister Smith three weeks ago was home with her family.  Sister Dees has been a missionary a couple months, and is now training another missionary.  It is so exciting to see these changes.  I hope I am up to the change and can help by inviting neighbors and friends to hear the missionaries.  They seem excited and willing to serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment