What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

ACE Train 34: Altamont Corridor Express???

Since the first of the year, the train workers have been calling themselves Altamont Corridor Express rather than Altamont Commuter Express.  I don't like the change.  In my mind it represents going from a people, consumer, commuter oriented business to one of focusing on the corridor, the train and the tracks rather than the riders.  For example, I hate to complain, but the arriving on time of the train is terrible since the first of the year.  More than half of the trains have been late.  The other complaint is the stupid gate at Diridon Station.  We are locked in, in the morning and locked out in the evening.  It doesn't make sense.  The train staff seem to be very slow at getting the gate open in the morning.  Monday we were all waiting at the gate, and there was know one there to open it.  We all started looking around, before the staff realized what was going on an came out of a car.  On days when the train is late, the extra minute or two waiting for the gate can mean missing a connection.  Don't get me wrong, the staff are pleasant and friendly, it just seems the issue with the gate should have been fixed long ago, and the performance of arriving on time should be much better.  There was some construction, and things have improved slightly since it ended, but still not good.  And I don't know why the change in name, but if it represents a change in focus; I don't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment